My First Time Here

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I have come here on a whim, I have no plans I don’t even know what there is to see here. All I know is that it’s warm with sudden rain storms.

Day 1

I arrived at the hostel at 11:30 am. It took around 45 minutes in a taxi from the airport which I shared with the insect scientist who I had sat next to on the plane.Β Luckily I found the hostel after asking only one person. Once I walked up the stairs and entered the hostel I had to wait until 2pm to enter the room. The main area is only fan ventilated so pretty sticky and hot. The rooms are the only areas which are air conditioned.

To be absolutely honest my first day here consisted of me asleep in bed until around 6pm and then having a brisk walk to find water, noodles and tampons. Let me just explain something here. Tampons are not easy to find, that brisk walk I mentioned turned into an epic mission. For some reason in a highly hot humid place it seems most women prefer to use a pad, so your best bet is to look in a pharmacy. After a lot of time spent looking I eventually came across some. Thank GOD!

Anyway so that night I got back, chatted a bit and went back to sleep with a banging headache, a sore throat and a nose so blocked I couldn’t even taste my spicy noodles. I actually can’t believe I am ill and I’ve barely stepped foot onto the streets of Kuala Lumpur.

Day 2

The following morning I woke up early and went with a girl called Bernice from my dorm to see the Batu Caves.

Batu Caves


Would I recommend it? I would say go and see it if you happen to be in Kuala Lumpur as it costs nothing to enter but if you have limited time I’d say at the moment October 2016 it’s not worth it. Also the most impressive part is the actual statue which is outside of the caves.

The reason I wouldn’t recommend it is because the majority of it is under construction and I have no idea when it will be finished. Once the construction is done it will be much more enjoyable as at present the construction work distracts you from the places beauty. Oh and any girls going there make sure you take a scarf of sort to cover your legs other wise you have to pay 1 euro to rent one in order to enter and climb up the stairs.

Getting There

The train from the Sentral Station takes around 45 minutes and costs about €0.75 each way. Or if there is a group of you you could get an Uber for €3.50 each way. We should have done that! Also check the times coming back as they are not very frequent train wise.

We got back to the hostel around 3pm and went and picked up some food from around the corner. The heat here completely takes it out of you. I am not joking I took two paracetamol and lay down for a little nap and woke up 5 hours later! Tonight I am holding off going out, even though it sounds like such a good night with free drinks for all girls until 2am. Hopefully tomorrow my throat will have stopped hurting, my headache will have disappeared and I can spend some time planning where to head to next!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s